CELEBRATION, Fla. – Aboard the Disney Dream, guests embark on a magical and innovative family cruise vacation with Disney Cruise Line. A first-of-its-kind water coaster sends guests racing above the upper decks of the ship. An animated sea turtle engages families in conversation about life in the ocean. Kids join Peter Pan on a virtual flight as the floor below their feet transforms into the rooftops of London.
Talk about a “see cruise.” On this Disney Cruise Line ship, atrium “paintings” come to life. Guests in inside staterooms peer at a real-time view of the ocean outside. A sophisticated lounge offers ever-changing views of world-famous city skylines.
Disney Cruise Line revolutionized the cruise industry with ships designed especially for families, and the Disney Dream elevates the experience taking family entertainment to new heights. The result is a cruise experience that caters to each and every guest while enchanting them all.
Yet for all its wonderment and whimsy, the 4,000-passenger Disney Dream is warm and welcoming, featuring an elegant art deco interior design throughout its 1,115-foot length. Rich textures and delightful details abound throughout the ship’s 1,250 staterooms and suites, its theaters and restaurants, and clubs and lounges.
The Disney Dream sails alternating three- and four-night cruises from Port Canaveral, Fla., to the Bahamas and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
Distinctly Disney features guests discover aboard the ship include:
AquaDuck Water Coaster …
Among the many cruise-industry firsts that premiered aboard the Disney Dream is a shipboard water coaster…AquaDuck! Guests get swept away on an exhilarating flume ride featuring twists, turns, drops, uphill acceleration and river rapids—all while traversing the upper decks of the ship.
Some 765 feet in length and towering four decks in height, AquaDuck uses high-powered water jets that gush 10,000 gallons of water per minute to push riders upward and forward—and at one jaw-dropping point take guests 12 feet over the side of the ship in a translucent “swing out” loop allowing them to look down on the ocean 150 feet below.
A Magical Porthole for Inside Staterooms …
Disney Cruise Line introduced another innovation for inside staterooms on the Disney Dream. A Magical Porthole provides guests with a real-time view outside the ship. High-definition cameras placed on the exterior of the ship feed live video to each Magical Porthole.
As guests observe the impressive outside views, they may glimpse a magical surprise: animated characters such as Peach the starfish from the Disney•Pixar film “Finding Nemo,” the flying balloon house from the Disney•Pixar film “UP” or even Mickey Mouse.
A Magical Oasis for Children …
Only on a Disney Cruise Line ship can children dive into their favorite Disney stories with the help of caring counselors, beloved Disney characters and a sprinkling of pixie dust. The celebration of children’s creativity rises to a new level on the Disney Dream, with nearly an entire deck of youth spaces designed to inspire, entertain and unlock the imagination of children ages 3 to 12.
At Disney’s Oceaneer Club, children can:
- Play among larger-than-life characters from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” in Andy’s Room
- Pilot a super-cool spaceship through hyperspace in Star Wars: Millennium Falcon
- Bring Disney characters to life through exciting virtual experiences in Disney Infinity
- Dress up in fanciful costumes in Tinker Bell’s fairy forest at Pixie Hollow
At Disney’s Oceaneer Lab, children feel as though they are embarking on a great seafaring adventure in a room filled with maps, maritime instruments and swashbuckling artifacts. Here, children can try their hand at animation, become a pop star or navigate ships through digital seas.
Both youth areas offer magical interactions with the animated characters such as Crush, the sea turtle from the Disney•Pixar motion picture “Finding Nemo,” and Stitch, the mischievous alien from “Lilo & Stitch.” The characters chat, play and joke with children in live, unrehearsed conversations from their digital undersea and intergalactic environments via large-screen TVs.
Both venues also feature a Magic PlayFloor, a cruise industry first that blends the latest in gaming technology with Disney’s flair for storytelling. The interactive floor allows children to engage in group activities where their movements control the action. Activities include controlling the tilt of a virtual maze, flying over the streets of London with Peter Pan and stepping into the world of Tron.
Chill-Out Zones for Tweens and Teens …
Located inside the forward funnel of the Disney Dream is Edge, a lounge just for tweens (ages 11 to 14). This tween pad is filled with hi-tech entertainment including the ability to
create and star in photo postcards and video karaoke using green-screen technology.
Teens have their own exclusive club with Vibe, a trendy, 9,000-square-foot hangout for guests ages 14 to 17. They can create videos, play computer games and try their hand at mixing dance tracks. There’s also a private outdoor area for sunbathing, deck games and cooling off with wading pools and water jets.
Personal Touches with Rotational Dining …
Disney Cruise Line continues its innovative rotational dining concept onboard the Disney Dream with elaborately themed restaurants, distinctly Disney touches, and world-class cuisine to create a magical dining experience. Throughout the cruise, guests visit different restaurants for dinner—with their servers accompanying them, providing friendly, personalized service each night. Restaurants include:
- Animator’s Palate, a signature Disney Cruise Line restaurant that brings the magic of Disney animation into the dining room for an amazing experience that will captivate the entire family. During the meal, the room becomes immersed in a vivid undersea environment, and Crush, the surfer-dude sea turtle from Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo,” makes a special appearance, virtually swimming around the restaurant and engaging in live impromptu interactions with guests. Other characters such as Nemo, Dory, Squirt and Bruce the shark also swim by and visit with guests.
- Royal Palace, an elegant restaurant inspired by classic Disney films “Cinderella,” “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Sleeping Beauty.”
- Enchanted Garden, a whimsical, casual restaurant inspired by the gardens of Versailles and featuring a dining environment that magically transforms from day to night.
Just for Adults …
While children have the time of their lives in the elaborately themed youth areas, adults aboard the Disney Dream can indulge and relax with exclusive areas and offerings designed exclusively for them.
- The District is a nighttime entertainment area where adults can escape into, five unique venues. This playground for grownups features sophisticated lounges, each with its own unique design, look, feel and palate-pleasing delights.
- Senses Spa & Salon offers adult tranquility with 17 private treatment rooms, lavish spa villas with indoor treatment rooms and private outdoor verandahs, and Rainforest, a special section of the spa offering the benefits of steam, heat and hydrotherapy to relax the mind and body.
- Remy is the premier Disney Cruise Line dining option. With French-inspired, gourmet cuisine by two award-winning chefs, Remy melds classic and contemporary styles in a sophisticated culinary experience that exclusively for adults. Dinner at Remy is a lavish and leisurely affair with eight to nine small courses complemented by a stellar wine list and an attentive serving staff.
- At Palo, sweeping ocean views, rich décor and epicurean excellence create the setting for a romantic escape aboard the Disney Dream in a redesigned version of the signature Disney Cruise Line specialty restaurant. Guests also can dine al fresco on Palo’s private outdoor deck.
Entertainment for the Family to Enjoy Together …
From the moment guests board until it’s time to say good-bye, family entertainment aboard the Disney Dream is mesmerizing and memorable. Live theatrical productions, family-friendly “game-show” experiences, first-run Disney movies and high-energy deck parties are just some of the entertainment young and old will enjoy together. The spectacles literally elevate cruise ship entertainment to new heights as a The Little Mermaid soars over a stage in a stunning aerial ballet, pirates rappel from atop the ship’s funnel during a swashbuckling adventure and the evening sky lights up with a dazzling spectacle of sound and color.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact a travel agent.