CELEBRATION, Fla. – Taking a cruise does not have to be a vacation from a fitness routine. Aboard Disney Cruise Line, there are many fun and healthy ways to remain “ship shape.”
- All Disney Cruise Line ships have a track for jogging and walking encircling Deck 4. The Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream tracks are .4 mile per lap – just eight laps equal a 5K.
- Goofy’s Sports Deck (Deck 13 Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream) includes full-court basketball – an area that can be transformed into a mini soccer pitch or volleyball court. Also on Goofy’s Sports Deck are two digital sports simulators that provide a variety of high-action virtual-game experiences putting guests into the middle of golf, hockey, soccer, rugby, baseball,football and more.
- The 16,000-square-foot Senses Spa & Salon (Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream) provides tranquility, pampering, an ocean view and nearly 2,500 square feet dedicated to exercise. There’s state-of-the-art equipment for cardiovascular and weight training, and complimentary group classes such as yoga, Pilates and spinning. One-on-one sessions with a personal trainer are available for a nominal fee. Senses Spa & Salon is also featured on the Disney Magic, and Vista Spa & Salon is the place to get fit on the Disney Wonder.
Active Fun at Castaway Cay
- During stops at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, sunrise yoga and a morning 5K run around the island are offered.
- When it’s time to go in the water, the experiences available include Castaway Ray’s Stingray Adventure (swimming with stingrays), parasailing, water cycles, paddleboats, paddle boards, kayaks and sailboats, and a 12-acre snorkeling lagoon dotted with sunken treasures.
- Guests can explore the interior of the 1,000-acre island either on bicycle or foot. For a bird’s-eye view of the island and a bit of exercise, guests can climb 47 steps to the top of Castaway Cay’s 40-foot-tall observation tower.
- The spas on all Disney ships offer a variety of treatments and services such as massages, body wraps and facials. In the Rainforest room, guests can experience the benefits of steam, heat and water therapy combined with the power of aromatherapy to relax the mind and body. On the Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream, guests can relish the calming ocean views while reclining in heated mosaic tile relaxation chairs – or lounge outside in a whirlpool hot tub on the private teak deck.
- For the ultimate in luxury, the spas feature lavish spa villas, each with an indoor spa treatment suite connected to a private outdoor verandah with personal whirlpool hot tub, shower and a plush, double lounge chair.
- On Castaway Cay, adults can enjoy a therapeutic massage at one of the private cabanas overlooking the ocean.
- Restaurant menus on Disney Cruise Line provide options for those looking to dine on the lighter side with vegetarian, vegan and lighter fare options. Dinner options include: Grilled Marinated Tofu, Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant and Red Peppers; Black Bean Chipotle Cakes; and Pearl Barley-Risotto with Roasted Caramelized Vegetables in a Tomato-Thyme Sauce. Quick-service locations and buffets also offer lighter fare.
- For children, menus in rotational dining restaurants feature Mickey Check meals, which meet Disney Nutrition Guidelines for calories, saturated fat, sodium and sugar. These guidelines were developed by child health experts and align to best-in-class dietary recommendations. A complete Mickey Check kids’ meal includes three or more nutritious food groups, has limited added sugar and does not have any trans fats.
- Guests can replenish and refuel with a nutrient-rich beverage at Senses Juice Bar (Disney Dream). Juices and smoothies are made to order with fresh fruits and vegetables, along with other nutritious ingredients such as almonds, chia seeds, yogurt and turmeric powder.
- Then again, by spending some time on exercise equipment, on the Deck 4 track, biking or swimming at Castaway Cay, or perhaps hooping on Deck 13, a bit of mealtime indulgence won’t leave you less than “shipshape” when the vacation is over.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact a travel agent.