The day-long celebration transports guests to a galaxy far, far away – in the Caribbean
CELEBRATION, Fla. (March 10, 2016) – Returning in early 2017, Disney Cruise Line guests can celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga during Star Wars Day at Sea. New in 2017, the Disney Fantasy special sailings expand to both eastern and western Caribbean itineraries and nearly double in number to 15 cruises — up from eight in 2016. During this day-long celebration, Star Wars Day at Sea combines the power of the Force and the magic of Disney for an out-of-this-galaxy cruise experience unlike any other.
“Our guests keep telling us that Star Wars Day at Sea is an experience they’ll never forget, that it’s a thrill of intergalactic proportions,” said Karl L. Holz, president of Disney Cruise Line. “In response to guest demand, we’re pleased to create even more Star Wars memories aboard the Disney Fantasy in 2017 with an expanded schedule of these special sailings. Clearly, the Force is alive and well on the high seas!”
Each sailing features a full day of dark side and light side fun, including official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Throughout the day, Star Wars Younglings, Padawans and Jedi Masters alike can enjoy the immersive, intergalactic entertainment, including:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and the arrival of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, to be released on Dec. 16, 2016, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral on Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28; Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25; March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 8 and 15, 2017.
Departing Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 4, 18; April 1 and 15, 2017, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 14, 28; Feb. 11, 25; March 11, 25; and April 8, 2017, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent.