New experiences unveiled in lineup of immersive entertainment
CELEBRATION, Fla. (Jan. 23, 2017) – In 2018, Disney Cruise Line guests will celebrate Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic during eight special voyages from Miami departing January through April. The new Marvel Day at Sea voyages from Miami follow the premiere of the epic event on seven special sailings from New York City in the fall of 2017. New character interactions and an immersive show with Doctor Strange take center stage in the lineup of entertainment throughout the day-long celebration on all Marvel Day at Sea cruises.
Marvel Day at Sea combines the thrills of renowned Marvel comics, films and animated series, the excitement of a Disney Cruise to summon everyone’s inner Super Hero for the adventures that lie ahead during this unforgettable day at sea.
The event features exclusive character interactions, including the debut of Black Panther and Loki as part of a Disney vacation experience. Marvel Day at Sea also marks the first official appearance of Iron Man on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
In the Walt Disney Theatre, a spell-binding new show featuring Doctor Strange will keep families on the edge of their seats. Doctor Strange will showcase his journey from doubter to practitioner as he demonstrates the power of the mystic arts. The show concludes with an epic battle where guests must help Doctor Strange against the Dark Dimension.
Occurring on one action-packed day during each of the special Disney Magic sailings, Marvel Day at Sea transports guests to a new realm of possibilities when the Marvel Universe assembles on the ship. The event features all-day entertainment including interactions with some of the mightiest Marvel Super Heroes and the menacing foes who oppose them, an extraordinary deck party, Marvel-themed youth activities, special merchandise and unique food and beverage offerings.
Also featured are exclusive at-sea screenings of fan-favorite films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe including the newest theatrical releases, as well as viewings of the Disney XD shows: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
Marvel Day at Sea hosts an awesome mix of immersive entertainment that is sure to empower guests to unlock their hidden superhuman abilities as they assemble their own Super Hero community onboard the Disney Magic on this very special day. Highlights include:
Unleash Your Inner Super Hero during the Ultimate Day at Sea
- Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Black Panther, Loki and other Marvel Universe Super Heroes and Villains are onboard for scheduled interactions and photos.
- During an immersive show in the Walt Disney Theatre, Doctor Strange demonstrates the power of the mystic arts and enlists guests in an epic battle against the Dark Dimension.
- A brand-new spectacular party fills the upper deck with music, dancing and games.
- The deck party culminates in a stunning display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects and the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains ever assembled on a cruise ship.
- Kids and families summon their Marvel knowledge and enjoy friendly competition during trivia games, covering courageous heroes and fun facts from the Marvel Universe.
- For young heroes-in-training, Marvel-themed games, activities and arts and crafts will be offered throughout the day in the Marvel’s Avengers Academy in the Oceaneer Club.
The new 2018 Marvel Day at Sea sailings depart from Miami on Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 18; April 1, 15 and 29. The five-night cruises include a stop at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and either Cozumel, Mexico, or Grand Cayman.
Marvel Day at Sea from New York will be on seven- and eight-night Disney Magic Bahamian cruises departing on Oct. 6, 14, 28; Nov. 4, 11 and 18, 2017. All will include a stop at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral, Fla., with a day at the Walt Disney World Resort. Marvel Day at Sea will be on one seven-night Canadian Coast cruise departing from New York on Oct. 21, 2017, with stops at Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.