“Tangled: The Musical” is the newest original Disney Cruise Line stage spectacular. Presented exclusively aboard the Disney Magic, it’s the first-ever stage adaptation of the beloved animated film, “Tangled.” Combining a heartfelt story, an enchanting score and lavish production numbers, the new musical showcases the thrilling adventure of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider as they face ruffians, thugs and a budding romance on an exhilarating journey of self-discovery.
977-seat Walt Disney Theatre on the Disney Magic cruise ship. Featuring an elegant Art Deco style, the theater spans the width of the ship and encompasses three decks, which include orchestra and balcony seating. The state-of-the-art venue features the latest theatrical technology to help bring to life original productions and Disney stories in a whole new way.
Musical Numbers and Cast of Characters:
“Flower of Gold,” an original song featuring Flynn Rider, Mother Gothel and ensemble
“When Will My Life Begin?” featuring Rapunzel
“Mother Knows Best” featuring Mother Gothel
“Wanted Man,” an original song featuring Flynn Rider, the Stabbington brothers and ensemble
“I’ve Got a Dream” featuring Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, the Snuggly Duckling thugs, Maximus and ensemble
“When She Returns,” an original song featuring Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Mother Gothel, the Stabbington brothers and ensemble
“I See the Light,” a Grammy Award-winning ballad featuring Rapunzel and Flynn Rider
“Tangled: The Musical” is presented on each sailing aboard the Disney Magic
Disney assembled an all-star creative team to develop this extravagant production. Academy Award-winning composer Alan Menken (“Tangled,” “The Little Mermaid”) and Grammy Award-winning lyricist Glenn Slater (“Tangled”) created three new songs exclusively for this show. Other top-notch theatrical talent included Tony Award-winning costume designer Paloma Young (“Peter and the Starcatcher”), master puppet designer Michael Curry (Disney’s “The Lion King” on Broadway), set designer Bradley Kaye (Disney’s “Aladdin—A Musical Spectacular”), director Gordon Greenberg and choreographer Connor Gallagher.
“Tangled: The Musical” was produced by Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment, which has received acclaim for its productions around the world, including “Finding Nemo – The Musical” (Walt Disney World Resort in Florida), “Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story” (Disney Cruise Line) and “The Golden Mickeys” (Hong Kong Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line).
- Rapunzel’s story begins with a magical flower, but more than 200 physical flowers have been drawn, painted, carved, sewn and otherwise “planted” in scenic elements, costumes and even Rapunzel’s hair.
- “Tangled: The Musical” features 15 scenes and seven locations.
- More than 40 scenic elements bring the fairytale locales of “Tangled: The Musical” to life.
- The 15-foot-tall tower features more than 20 glowing flowers hidden in a mural design.
- The mural in Rapunzel’s tower set piece was designed by Claire Keane, who created the original mural design for the animated “Tangled” film.
- Every set piece for “Tangled: The Musical” was sculpted and painted by hand.
- Tony Award-winning costume designer Paloma Young developed 125 costumes using more than 200 different types of fabrics.
- Rapunzel’s royal dress that appears in the show’s final scene is made of custom fabric developed especially for this show.
- The dazzling costumes are made complete with 85 pairs of shoes and 60 wigs.
- It takes more than 200 feet of hair to bring Rapunzel’s famous golden tresses to life onstage.