Star Wars Day at Sea returns on the Disney Fantasy in 2017. Celebrate the Star Wars galaxy with Jedi, Padawans, droids, Wookiees and fellow guests on 15 out-of-this-galaxy sailings. The Force is stronger than ever onboard Disney Cruise Line with the newest additions to the epic day at sea.
New immersive encounters with favorite Star Wars characters…
- New to the Dark Side of the ship is Kylo Ren.
- Sabine and Ezra from Star Wars Rebels make appearances alongside Ahsoka Tano in an all-new base location.
- Feel fully immersed in the Star Wars galaxy as roaming characters patrol the ship, including more Imperial Officers and Stormtroopers.
Younglings summon their inner Jedi…
- Young guests harness the power of the Force in “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.” New to the training this year is the addition of the Seventh Sister, more performances and a greater number of Padawans participating in each training.
- Even more Star Wars-themed activities and programs for kids to enjoy in all youth spaces.
Celebrate Star Wars with a new deck celebration spectacular…
- The epic adventures at sea conclude with the enhanced “Summon the Force” deck celebration spectacular featuring the newest additions to Star Wars Day at Sea: Kylo Ren, Ezra and Seventh Sister.
- The “Summon the Force” deck show is accompanied by John Williams’ epic score, now including theme music from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- In 2017, there is a new story, with more pyrotechnics, special effects and stunts.
Watch the latest films…
- The latest Star Wars installment, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” is shown at sea.
- The most recent Lucasfilm Ltd. fan film winners showcased onboard.
- Exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea 2017 sailings is an assortment of new merchandise including drink ware, apparel and Star Wars
Surprises from stem-to-stern…
- New upper deck games and activities, including showings of Star Wars Rebels season three on Funnel Vision.
- Virtual porthole surprises, including new exciting visuals, transport guests to a galaxy far, far away from their stateroom.
- Hear Star Wars music like never before… through the horn of a cruise ship. New this year is the inclusion of the iconic “Main Title” in addition to the “Imperial March.”
- A special lineup of guest speakers is sure to surprise and delight guests when they receive an inside look at the Star Wars This year’s speakers include:
- Jan. 7: Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Jan. 14: Leland Chee, manager of the Holocron, Lucasfilm Story Group
- Jan. 21: Hal Hickel, animation director, Industrial Light & Magic
- Jan. 28: Matt Martin, creative executive, Lucasfilm Story Group
- Feb. 4: John Goodson, texture artist, Industrial Light & Magic
- Feb. 11: To be determined
- Feb. 18: Dan Lobl, visual effects digital asset supervisor, Star Wars franchise
- Feb. 25: Shawn Kelly, lead animator, Industrial Light & Magic
- March 4: Hannah Gillis, producer, Industrial Light & Magic and xLab
- March 11: Pablo Hidalgo, creative executive, Lucasfilm Story Group
- March 18: Diana Williams, producer, Franchise Synergy-Games, Industrial Light & Magic, xLab and Lucasfilm Story Group
- March 25: Vicki Dobbs Beck, executive in charge, Industrial Light & Magic and xLab
- April 1: Julie Peng, senior manager of talent and production, Industrial Light & Magic and xLab
- April 8: Janet Lewin, vice president of production, Lucasfilm Story Group
- April 15: Paul Giacoppo, creature modeling supervisor, Industrial Light & Magic