CELEBRATION, Fla. – The Disney tradition of family-friendly entertainment continues on the ships of Disney Cruise Line, with a treasure trove of activities to entertain and delight the entire family. Spending quality time and making magical memories together has never been easier. Disney Cruise Line satisfies savvy cruisers and newcomers alike with Broadway-style musicals, first-run movies, game shows and talent nights, fun in the sun, family activities, a thrilling on-deck pirate party, and dazzling fireworks—all with a touch of unparalleled Disney imagination.
Add in the spacious, family-sized staterooms and uniquely themed dining experiences each night, and families are sure to have fun together on vacation like never before.
On the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder…
Goofy’s Pool for Families
The entire family can “goof around” in the fantastic Goofy’s Pool area. There’s fun and relaxation for everyone—guests can kick back in a comfy lounge chair, swim or enjoy the whirlpools.
On the Disney Magic, water thrills are found on the AquaDunk, a three-story water slide that begins with a surprise launch. Riders step inside a translucent tube and await the near-vertical launch that takes place when the floor beneath them opens like a trap door. The drop sends guests on an exhilarating, swift and splashy ride in a tube that extends 20 feet over the side of the ship.
Funnel Vision, a jumbo LED screen on Deck 9, shows movies and major sporting events, and enhances outdoor entertainment and deck parties by the Goofy’s Pool area.
Nearby Pinocchio’s Pizzeria and Daisy De-Lites are convenient for a quick nosh, serving pizza, ice cream treats and frozen yogurt, plus healthy options such as fresh fruit, salads, sandwich wraps and toasted paninis.
Deck parties are family celebrations under the sun and stars with daily music, live bands, dancing and Disney characters. Starting with the “Adventures Away” deck party, the ship’s horn blasts the iconic first seven notes of “When You Wish Upon a Star,” signaling the beginning of an incredible voyage.
The Pirates IN the Caribbean deck party is an adventure for everyone. With stunt performers repelling from atop the funnel, an epic battle at sea ensues as the good guys take on the villains. Disney characters join guests for a raucous good time, complete with music, dancing and a spectacular grand finale—fireworks at sea like only Disney can do!
Broadway-style musicals are presented nightly at the magnificent 977-seat Walt Disney Theatre on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder:
- “Frozen, A Musical Spectacular” (Disney Wonder) brings the captivating adventure of royal sisters Anna and Elsa as they embark on a journey to discover the meaning of sisterhood, inner strength and true love.
- “Tangled: The Musical” (Disney Magic) follows the thrilling adventure of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider as they face ruffians, thugs and a budding romance on an exhilarating journey of self-discovery.
- “Disney Dreams . . . An Enchanted Classic” (Disney Magic and Disney Wonder) is a signature Disney Cruise Line show that tells a bedtime story featuring popular Disney characters who together teach a young girl the power of her dreams.
- “Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story” (Disney Magic) immerses the audience in a story that begins where the original ended and features Cinderella, Prince Charming and other favorites from the animated fairy tale classic.
- “The Golden Mickeys” (Disney Wonder) is an awards-style show celebrating the musical heritage of Disney animated films.
Bookending the theater productions during Disney Magic and Disney Wonder cruises seven nights and longer are the welcome show “All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin” and the farewell show “Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell.” Both musical productions are perfect family fare, one storyline stirring anticipation about the adventure ahead, the other bringing guests together on the final night to remember the magic of their Disney Cruise Line vacation.
Walt Disney Theatre hosts first-run Disney film premieres, allowing cruisers to enjoy a film’s opening at the same time it’s making its nationwide release on land, as well as first-run features and Disney classics. Buena Vista Theatre also shows recent releases and Disney classics.
Both state-of-the-art theaters feature digital 3-D technology, bringing a whole new dimension of cinematic entertainment to the high seas.
D Lounge is the venue for activities that the whole family can enjoy. Audience participation game shows entertain and amuse; trivia contests put knowledge of Disney facts to the test; and karaoke nights encourage families to take the stage and sing together—perfect vocal skills not required—it’s all in the name of fun! Dynamic dance parties—where guests can kick up their heels or boogie down are fun for all ages and feature special appearances by favorite Disney characters.
Character breakfasts offer guests a special way to meet popular Disney characters for pictures, hugs and autographs during select sailings.
Additional opportunities to meet and interact with Disney characters are scheduled throughout every sailing, and other intimate and spontaneous character moments happen every day.
Adventure, relaxation and quality time together await families on the pristine, white sandy shores of Castaway Cay, the Disney Cruise Line private island. Flying high above the island on a parasail adventure, snorkeling in a 12-acre lagoon, building sand castles on the beach, bicycling around the island or relaxing in a private family cabana are just a few of the activities that every member of the family can enjoy.
Other excursions and activities with family appeal include:
- Interacting with Southern Stingrays in a private lagoon during a one-hour Stingray Adventure.
- Taking a ride down Pelican Plunge, a 2,400-square-foot floating platform featuring water slides, water cannons and other get-wet fun.
- Cooling off at Spring-a-Leak, a fresh water splash area with water jets that squirt, spray and saturate guests.
- Exploring the mangroves and natural wonders of the island on a kayak or aboard a personal watercraft.
- Enjoying water cycles, paddleboats, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, sailboats and bicycles for rent.
- Basking at the family beach with umbrellas, loungers and hammocks, for a perfect day in the sun and shade.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact a travel agent.