CELEBRATION, Fla. – Crystal-clear turquoise waters as far as the eye can see, powdery white sand beaches under foot and lush landscapes all around – guests encounter all of this and more at Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay. Located in the tropical waters of the Bahamas, Castaway Cay provides the ultimate escape, whether a guest is seeking adventure, relaxation or quality time with the family.
The dock built at Castaway Cay eliminates the need to tender, making the ship easily accessible throughout the day. Transportation is provided to and from various points on the 1,000-acre island, including a special tram to Serenity Bay – a beach area reserved exclusively for guests 18 years of age and older. A delicious all-you-care-to-eat lunch buffet is served at the open-air Cookie’s BBQ and Cookie’s Too, located steps away from the main family beach under covered pavilions.
New to Castaway Cay is Summertime Freeze, an Olaf-inspired beverage location serving non-alcoholic specialty frozen drinks in souvenir cups. Only Disney Cruise Line guests can cool down with creative menu items inspired by the animated hit “Frozen,” like “Olaf’s Flurry Freeze” and “Sven’s Carrot Delight.”
Castaway Cay has its own post office where guests can mail a message to family and friends back home. For added convenience, complimentary beach towels are available for guests to use on the island. Stateroom key cards may be used to make purchases on the island, including merchandise and alcoholic beverages.
Like the Disney ships, Castaway Cay is designed with unique activities and areas for every age group, providing an exceptional experience for all guests.
Flying high above the island on a parasail adventure, snorkeling in a 12-acre lagoon, casting off on a fishing tour, building sand castles on the beach or bicycling around the island are just a few of the activities that every member of the family can enjoy. More fun for families includes:
- Guests can swim and interact with Southern Stingrays in a private lagoon. This up-close encounter with the rays is part of a one-hour experience called Castaway Ray’s Stingray Adventure, and is open to guests five years of age or older.
- For water sport enthusiasts there are water cycles, paddleboats, sea kayaks, sailboats, stand-up paddle boards and snorkel gear for rent. The island features a 12-acre snorkel trail dotted with sunken treasures, including a submarine from the classic Disney attraction 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and a statue of a certain familiar mouse.
- Located within swimming distance from shore, Pelican Plunge is a 2,400-square-foot floating platform featuring water slides, water cannons and other get-wet fun.
- On the island, a 2,400-square-foot water play area called Spring-a-Leak helps everyone cool off with fresh-water jets that squirt and spray and saturate guests.
- Castaway Family Beach has plenty of umbrellas, chairs and hammocks for a perfect day in the warm sun and comfortable shade, plus tube and float rentals for splashtacular fun in the swimming lagoon.
- Premium private cabanas along the far side of the family beach and are available to rent, providing luxury and giving guests a spectacular view of their Disney cruise ship from the cabana’s front patio deck.
- In Da Shade Game Pavilion provides guests wanting to take a break out of the sun a place to play games such as table tennis, foosball, billiards and basketball in a shaded structure centrally located near Castaway Family Beach.
- The Watercraft Ski Adventure gives guests a chance to drive a personal watercraft through intricate mangroves and other natural wonders around the island.
- Nature-lovers rejoice: there are a number of paths to the island’s interior that can be explored either on foot or bicycle. A knowledgeable guide explains the ecological wonders found in the Bahamas during the Castaway Cay Walking and Kayak Nature Adventure.
- Families can run, jog or walk in the Castaway Cay 5K, a great way to explore the island and take in the lush tropical landscape while staying fit.
- Throughout the island, guests are treated to a myriad of surprises from Disney characters, including special meet-and-greets, photo opportunities and dance parties.
For Kids, Tweens and Teens…
Mirroring the youth activities on the ship, children ages three to 17 will find programs and activities designed specifically for them on the island, supervised by trained, experienced counselors.
- Scuttle’s Cove is the “hub” of youth activities for kids (ages three to 12) and features a 1,200-square-foot water play area with a soft wet deck and an array of pop jets, geysers and bubblers. It also connects to a Monstro Point, a dig site filled with artificial whale bones. Activities at Scuttle’s Cove include:
- Gotta Get Soaked, a team challenge with water balloons and buckets.
- Water Mania, water play for younger kids.
- Caribbean Beach Party, sand castle challenges and bubble games, offering more games, music and fun for the little ones.
- Tweens (ages 11-13) have scheduled time to hang out together, supervised by youth counselors, at In Da Shade Game Pavilion and Pelican Plunge.
- Hide Out is a secluded retreat for teens (ages 14-17) where they can hang out, kick back, soak up the sun, listen to music and watch the action at the nearby beach volleyball and soccer areas.
- Teens explore Castaway Cay during The Wild Side excursion designed just for them. They’ll snorkel, bike and kayak through the island and finish with a hearty lunch.
Just for Adults…
Located almost a mile from the main family beach, Serenity Bay is a pristine stretch of beach exclusively for adults. At Serenity Bay, where sparkling azure waters meet the pristine white sand, and palm trees sway in the breeze, special amenities and activities offer the ultimate in relaxation for adults:
- Guests can soak up the sun or relax in the shade of an umbrella on comfortable lounge chairs or two-person hammocks that dot the beach.
- Premium private cabanas spoil guests withthe luxury of a deluxe beach resort.
- Adults can enjoy a therapeutic massage at a massage cabana overlooking the ocean or participate in a yoga class on the beach, just steps away from the crystal clear water.
- There is no need to head back to the main beach for refreshment – a delectable lunch buffet, Bahamian specialty drinks, beer and mixed drinks are served at the nearby Castaway Air Bar.
Disney Cruise Line offers a variety of itineraries to the Bahamas and the Caribbean – many with a stop at Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.