CELEBRATION, Fla. (Sept. 26, 2017) – In 2018, the epic day at sea returns to Disney Cruise Line with 15 special Disney Fantasy sailings to the Caribbean from January through April. Star Wars Day at Sea transports guests to a galaxy far, far away to celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga with Jedi, Wookiees, droids, Stormtroopers and others during the special day-long celebration.
Star Wars Day at Sea summons the power of the Force, the magic of Disney and the excitement of cruising for an out-of-this-galaxy experience unlike any other.
The event features a full day of Star Wars celebrations including a deck party spectacular with an extraordinary fireworks display, encounters with the galaxy’s most formidable and heroic characters, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, unique food and beverage offerings and special merchandise.
Throughout the day, guests enjoy immersive entertainment and activities that are all a part of the galactic adventure…
Discover the Force
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions and photos.
- Guests are encouraged to bring costumes for a special gathering in the atrium lobby.
- Guests indulge in the Star Wars films and television series, including all the films in the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Rebels and the latest installment in the new standalone series “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, snacks, dinner menu items and desserts please the palates of everyone from Padawans to Rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
Learn the Ways of the Jedi
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face-off with Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in all youth spaces for younglings to explore their powers.
- Kids and families test their knowledge during Star Wars trivia games.
“Summon the Force”
- The epic day at sea concludes with the “Summon the Force” deck celebration where guests unleash the Force during games, music and a galactic dance party.
- The grand finale features legendary Star Wars characters, pyrotechnics, stunts, special effects and a stunning fireworks display accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
Star Wars: Command Post
In Disney’s Oceaneer Club on the Disney Fantasy, Star Wars: Command Post takes kids on a journey where they train with heroes of the Star Wars saga and help with missions against the First Order. Themed to a Resistance base turned Force-filled play area, this youth space takes kids to a galaxy far, far, away in a whole new way.
Here, the stories and legends of the Star Wars films come to life as they learn to traverse the galaxy with flight training simulators. Children can interact with holographic models at a one-of-a-kind Star Wars holotable that projects 3-D images of famous Star Wars ships, droids and vehicles such as the Death Star, TIE fighters and K-2SO from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
Kids can also embark on an action-packed training adventure with members of the Resistance showing them how to channel the Force and use it to battle First Order Stormtroopers. Nearby, the lovable Resistance droid, BB-8, stops by to inspire future Jedi.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night Caribbean cruises sailing from Port Canaveral, Fla.
Departing Jan. 6, 20; Feb. 3, 17; March 3, 17, 31; and April 14, 2018, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Departing Jan. 13, 27; Feb. 10, 24; March 10, 24; and April 7, 2018, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.