CELEBRATION, Fla. — Disney Cruise Line developed entertainment designed to charm and dazzle the entire family. On the Disney Magic, guests delight in the most elaborate original Broadway-style musicals presented at sea, over-the-top deck parties and, bursting above it all, a nighttime fireworks spectacular.
Broadway-style Stage Shows at the Walt Disney Theatre
The whole family will be dazzled by brilliant Broadway-style productions in the magnificent 977-seat Walt Disney Theatre. Extraordinary singing, dancing, costumes, special effects, Disney characters and moments of sheer magic delight guests of all ages.
“Tangled: The Musical”
Endearing characters and captivating music from the animated film “Tangled” are enchanting audiences once again. This time they’re part of an original Disney Cruise Line stage spectacular aboard the Disney Magic, the first time the beloved Disney tale has been adapted for the stage.
“Tangled: The Musical” immerses audiences in Rapunzel’s fairytale world through lavish production numbers and spellbinding music. Three new songs created exclusively for the show by Academy Award-winning composer Alan Menken and Grammy Award-winning lyricist Glenn Slater bring the story to life onstage.
The show stays true to the storyline from the hit feature film with favorite characters like Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, the villainous Mother Gothel and Maximus the guard horse.
The story follows the thrilling adventure of Rapunzel as she escapes the confines of her tower and the clutches of Mother Gothel, who wishes to shield the secret of Rapunzel’s magical golden tresses and royal roots. Rapunzel strikes up an unlikely friendship with the suave, crown-stealing bandit Flynn Rider, and together they face ruffians, thugs and a budding romance on a hair-raising journey filled with classic Disney playfulness and whimsy that will delight audiences of all ages.
- New Songs Debuting with Film Favorites
- Acclaimed composer Alan Menken (“The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast”) and lyricist Glenn Slater, the prolific pair behind the original soundtrack for “Tangled,” teamed up again to adapt the score and story for the stage. Complementing the score from the film, three new songs weave a delightful combination of narrative, humor and theatrics into the performance. In addition to new melodies, audiences enjoy live performances of favorite songs from the movie, including “When Will My Life Begin,” “Mother Knows Best,” “I’ve Got a Dream” and the Grammy Award-winning ballad, “I See the Light.”
- Adapting “Tangled” from Screen to Stage
- Elaborate costumes, groundbreaking puppetry and stunning set designs transform the 977-seat Walt Disney Theatre into a fanciful Bavarian kingdom, immersing audiences in Rapunzel’s world and making them feel a part of her story. Disney assembled an all-star creative team to develop this extravagant production, with director Gordon Greenberg and choreographer Connor Gallagher joining Menken, Slater and a bevy of top-notch theatrical talent.
- Master puppet designer Michael Curry, whose extraordinary creations are featured in Disney’s Tony Award-winning musical “The Lion King” on Broadway, bred a brand-new pedigree of puppetry in Maximus, the rambunctious guard horse. The “mane” attraction of every scene he steals, Maximus’ exaggerated demeanor becomes even more hilarious through the talents of the whinnying puppet performer within.
- Dazzling costumes created by Tony Award-winning designer Paloma Young bring the flair and vibrancy of the animated world to life onstage. The townspeople’s bright hues and Rapunzel’s feminine florals are perfectly balanced by the bristly browns of the rugged thugs and royal regalia of the kingdom officials, creating a sensational fusion of colors, patterns and textures.
- Remarkable set designs by scenic designer Bradley Kaye (Disney’s “Aladdin—A Musical Spectacular”) transport audiences to storybook locales that include Rapunzel’s tower home, the outlandish Snuggly Duckling tavern, a brightly adorned kingdom town and the resplendent lakeside setting of the iconic floating lanterns scene from the film.
“Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story”
With a swish of a wand, several Bibbidi Bobbidi Boos and the turning of storybook pages, the enchanting stage show aboard Disney Cruise Line — “Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story” — immerses audiences in a new rendition of the happily ever after story of Cinderella and her Prince Charming.
With the story beginning where the original ended — during the wedding celebration of Cinderella and Prince Charming — good fortune takes a turn when a new character, evil Fairy Godfather Franco DiFortunato, enters the picture on behalf of Lady Tremaine, Cinderella’s stepmother. Granting Lady Tremaine’s wish, he sends the family back in time to break Cinderella’s glass slipper, thus destroying her chances of marrying the prince and writing a whole new story for Cinderella.
The 52-minute production features a rich musical score with six original compositions and two classic Disney songs including the beloved “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo” and “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.” With an accomplished cast, lavish costumes, elaborate set designs and special effects that cleverly turn back the pages of time, the combination seamlessly transitions the show from scene to scene.
The book, music and lyrics for “Twice Charmed” were written by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner, whose Broadway musical “First Date” has been produced in over 100 productions all around the world. The orchestrations and arrangements were by Alan Lee Silva and Timothy Mark Williams.
“Twice Charmed” was directed by Joe Calarco, whose “Shakespeare’s R & J,” a re-telling of “Romeo and Juliet,” was a hit off-Broadway in New York and was critically praised in Chicago, Washington, D.C., London and Tokyo.
Karma Camp, who has both Broadway and off-Broadway credits, choreographed the show.
“Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic”
Delight in this musical about the power of dreams and family, starring a cavalcade of Disney characters. Enjoy a touching story about a little girl named Anne Marie who can’t seem to find it in her heart to believe. The story begins one night as Anne Marie, almost asleep, is visited by several beloved Disney Characters. Each recounts a tale, complete with rousing renditions of treasured songs.
Journey with Anne Marie as she learns how to believe in herself. You’ll see the strength of positive thinking, and be reminded about the ways that an optimistic and encouraging attitude can have an effect on the whole world!
Delight as Mickey, Minnie, The Blue Fairy, Peter Pan and friends reveal the secret powers of the heroes residing within her own home—and heart. This live stage show features a dazzling procession of characters and songs from some all-time Disney classics. Get immersed and inspired by this musical spectacular, showcasing films such as Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Cinderella and Aladdin.
An award-winning musical, this show also includes stunning special effects and a very special cameo appearance by Tinker Bell.
Party on Deck
The fun begins with “Mickey’s Sail-a-Wave Deck Party… A Bon Voyage Celebration,” a ‘welcome aboard’ show starring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and the Disney gang.
During a special night on select cruises, the Disney Magic transforms into a pirate ship with a night of events brimming with buccaneer fun and a fireworks spectacular.
Families can venture to the pool deck to dance off dinner with their favorite Disney characters and enjoy an entertaining pirate show, as well as interactive games with some special surprises.
Spectacular Fireworks at Sea
Disney Cruise Line ups the entertainment ante and lights up the sky with a fireworks extravaganza like only Disney can do.
As part of the pirate night celebration, the skies above the Disney Magic explode with brilliant colors during “Buccaneer Blast,” a pyrotechnic spectacular choreographed to a dramatic score featuring songs from the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies.
Family Entertainment Venues
Disney Cruise Line combines innovative design and technology to create the family entertainment venues on board the Disney Magic. These imaginative environments surround guests in storytelling in unique ways, putting them front and center as they play a part in the magic.
D Lounge is the venue for activities that the whole family can enjoy. Audience participation game shows entertain and amuse; trivia contests put knowledge of Disney facts to the test; and karaoke nights encourage families to make memories together.
Buena Vista Theatre
The Buena Vista Theatre hosts first-run Disney film premieres, allowing cruisers to enjoy a film’s opening at the same time it’s making its nationwide release on land, as well as first-run features and Disney classics.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact a travel agent.