CELEBRATION, Fla. — Crystal-clear turquoise waters as far as the eye can see, powdery white sand beaches under foot and lush landscapes all around – guests encounter all of this and more at Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay. Located in the tropical waters of The Bahamas, Castaway Cay provides the ultimate escape, whether a guest is seeking adventure, relaxation or quality time with the family.
The dock built at Castaway Cay eliminates the need to tender, making the ship easily accessible throughout the day. Transportation is provided to and from various points on the 1,000-acre island, including a special tram to Serenity Bay – a beach area reserved exclusively for guests 18 years of age and older.
Like the Disney ships, Castaway Cay is designed with unique activities and areas for every age group, providing an exceptional experience for all guests.
Snapping a photo on a beach with a favorite Disney character, snorkeling in a 12-acre lagoon, casting off on a fishing tour, building sand castles on the beach or bicycling around the island are just a few of the activities that every member of the family can enjoy on Castaway Cay. More fun for families includes:
- Castaway Family Beach has plenty of umbrellas, chairs and hammocks for a perfect day in the warm sun and comfortable shade, plus tube and float rentals for splashtacular fun in the swimming lagoon.
- Throughout the island, guests are treated to a myriad of surprises from Disney characters, including special meet-and-greets and photo opportunities.
- Located within swimming distance from shore, Pelican Plunge is a 2,400-square-foot floating platform featuring water slides, water cannons and other get-wet fun.
- On the island, a 2,400-square-foot water play area called Spring-a-Leak helps everyone cool off with fresh-water jets that squirt, spray and saturate guests.
- In Da Shade Game Pavilion provides guests wanting to take a break out of the sun a place to play games in a shaded structure centrally located near Castaway Family Beach.
- Nature-lovers rejoice: there are a number of paths to the island’s interior that can be explored either on foot orbicycle.
- Summertime Freeze, an Olaf-inspired beverage location serving non-alcoholic specialty frozen drinks in souvenir cups, allows guests the chance to cool down with creative menu items inspired by the animated hit “Frozen.”
- A delicious all-you-care-to-eat lunch buffet is served at the open-air Cookie’s BBQ and Cookie’s Too, located steps away from the main family beach under covered pavilions.
- For water sport enthusiasts there are water cycles, paddleboats, sea kayaks, sailboats, stand-up paddle boards and snorkel gear for rent. The island features a 12-acre snorkel trail dotted with sunken treasures, including a submarine from the classic Disney attraction 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and statues featuring the likeness of several favorite Disney characters.
- Guests looking for a way to exercise in paradise can take part in the Castaway Cay 5K, a run-on-your-own event that takes runners past swaying palms and sweeping shorelines to a finish line unlike any other.
- Premium private cabanas along the far side of the family beach and are available to rent, providing luxury and giving guests a spectacular view of their Disney cruise ship from the cabana’s front patio deck.
For Kids, Tweens and Teens…
Mirroring the youth activities on the ship, children ages three to 17 will find programs and activities designed specifically for them on the island, supervised by trained, experienced counselors.
- Scuttle’s Cove is the “hub” of youth activities for kids (ages three to 12) and features a 1,200-square-foot water play area with a soft wet deck and an array of pop jets, geysers and bubblers. It also connects to a Monstro Point, a dig site filled with artificial whale bones.
- Tweens (ages 11-13) have scheduled time to hang out together, supervised by youth counselors.
- Hide Out is a secluded retreat for teens (ages 14-17) where they can hang out, kick back, soak up the sun and listen to music.
Just for Adults…
Located almost a mile from the main family beach, Serenity Bay is a pristine stretch of beach exclusively for adults. At Serenity Bay, where sparkling azure waters meet the pristine white sand, and palm trees sway in the breeze, special amenities and activities offer the ultimate in relaxation for adults:
- Guests can soak up the sun or relax in the shade of an umbrella on comfortable lounge chairs or two-person hammocks that dot the beach.
- There is no need to head back to the main beach for refreshment – a delectable lunch buffet is served at Serenity Bay BBQ, while Bahamian specialty drinks, beer and mixed drinks are served at the nearby Castaway Air Bar.
- Premium private cabanas spoil guests with the luxury of a deluxe beach resort.
- Massages in open-air cabanas are also available to adults at Serenity Bay.
Disney Cruise Line offers a variety of itineraries to The Bahamas and the Caribbean – many with a stop at Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact a travel agent.